Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Monopoly- do you have 3 hours to kill?

I know the world has become so fast paced and challenging for kid's imaginations.  They have texting, xbox, crazy animated tv shows and films.  I should be happy when my boys, ages 5 and 9, decide to take it easy and play board games. Their new found wonder is the game of Monopoly.

Until 3 days ago I never finished a game of Monopoly in my life. I guess the boys helped me cross that one off the ol' bucket list. We spent 3 hours buying and selling properties and switching money from hand to hand by way of rent.

It doesn't surprise me that the inventor of the game back in the 30's was unemployed and he wanted a way to pass the time. Well, he hit that on the nail.

The silver lining is that the boys can and are willing to play just the 2 of them. Thank goodness! For the last 2 nights from dinner to bedtime they have played.

No comments:

Post a Comment