Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Crochet Grandma Squares

I do not know what is the big deal but I cannot follow crochet directions at all.  If I look at anything crocheted I can figure out how to make it very simply.  If I read the instructions for that same item then it turns out like crap.
Maybe this is because I do not like to be bossed around or just maybe because I like being crafty for the creativity.
Today I started a throw of grandma squares and I could figure out the 2nd round. I looked online for instructions to help but was just left confused.

ch 3, sc *(ch 1, dc) in ch 5 sp, [ch 2, dc, ch 2] 3 times, rep from *, sc in last stitch, turn

That just looks like gibberish and I have no desire to learn it. I have made many articles of clothing, blankets, and stuffed animals without using codes.
I had to find a picture online of a square I wanted that looked like the one in my head. Thank goodness, I guess, for online.
This is what I came up with. It is more of a hexagon then a square, but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment